Friday 21 January 2011

Round 2....countdown to LPAO begins

LPAO booked for 19th April!!

I'm not sure if its easier knowing what to expect or not. At least I don't have the fear of the unknown, or the worry about how painful it will be because I know it will be well controlled, however there are a few memories I wish I didn't have!

I spent most of my day off yesterday wondering if I had done the right thing, but after an hour of standing on my feet at work today my hip caught badly and I could barely move for a while. Still pretty sore now, so I guess, yes I have made the right choice.

I am looking forward to getting this over and done with now, then physio for the third and hopefully final time and after 7 years of hip pain I will be able to get my life back and resume all the things I have gradually given up.

12 weeks and 4 days to get rightie a bit stronger to take its turn as the good hip......

2 comments:

  1. Go Kate Go! You like your consultant so go for it... otherwise what if he gets hit by a truck, then what are you going to do?? ...he's not getting any younger also, so catch him at his peak of expertise... There you go some alternative reasons on why its a good thing to book your LPAO! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this Kate!! You're so amazingly strong and I feel like I'm relating very well to your story since I seem to be very similar (except it's opposite hips for us:)) I am sure that the LPAO will be a breeze for you since it is a "virgin" to surgery. That's my hope anyway! I am also going to be finding out at my next post op what the plan for my right hip will be...either more watch and wait or planning on PAOing it. It's so hard to determine b/c it's mild, like your left but it's going down hill more and more. Well, best wishes to you on your next surgery, and I'll be following along! xoxo M

    ReplyDelete