Saturday 12 September 2009

4 months post-op

I am exactly four months post-op and am so far pretty pleased with the results.
There has been lots of up and down days but the good days are definately outweighing the bad ones now.
I am back at work, although only half days at the moment, increasing each week by an hour.

I am carrying on with workouts at the gym and am presently doing about 45mins cardio;
10mins stationary bike
15 mins treadmill (walking on 15% incline)
15-20mins elliptical
5 mins rower
plus abs and upper body weights, (hoping to add lower weights after post-op appointment).

I alternate this daily with about 45mins swimming , and have one day off a week.

Each day I 'try' to walk about 45mins too but this depends on schedule and comfort levels.

I am not in any pain at all now, but my hip does still get tired fairly easily and when I have done too much I am still experiencing a pain in the butt around the bone cuts, and also the hip flexor is being lazy. I am finding SLR hard as it feels and I get a burning pain when I try to do them, I still need to lift my leg with my hands into the car. I think Mr Witt will tell me to get on with the exercises for that.

I only need the occasional Ibuprofen or Paracetamol now, but pre-op was taking lots of strong meds and downing them like sweets so thats a big improvement. It is fantastic to be leading a more normal life and getting on with things instead of being hampered by my hip. Working without being drugged up with meds is great too (although now I have no excuse if I do anything wrong,lol). I am still not at the stage where I am not thinking about my hip all the time, but I expect to be there fairly soon, and I am at least as good as I was pre-op if not better!
I have my 4 month check up next Friday so will see what Mr Witt has to say then.

2 comments:

  1. OOOh exciting progress, progress, progress all the time! Fab! I'm aiming for the same!

    Louisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louisa,
    I'm sure you will be following me VERY SOON! :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete