Friday 18 September 2009

I have been for my 4 month post PAO appointment today with Mr Witt.

It went really well,in fact I couldn't have asked for it to be better.
My ROM was really good. The discomfort that I feel is quite normal and to be expected at this stage.
My xrays showed that the bones have healed exceptionally well and are looking really strong. I have had all restrictions lifted, am allowed to do weights at the gym and even impact stuff! I jokingly asked the registrar if that meant I was allowed to jog to the train station , and he said I will just go and ask the boss- Mr Witt reviewed my x-rays and said YES!!!

I have some inflammation in the tendon that was cut so they are hoping that will settle down as the bones continue to heal if not I will need a steroid injection into that.
We have agreed to watch the other hip for 6 months to see how it goes, and also to review the screws at that time as they will be removed if they are a problem .

The only downside is that there was more Arthritis than I first thought, so I will def need a THR in the future, but hopefully not for 10 years so I'm happy with that.

Guess I am officially on the mend now. :)

4 comments:

  1. Kate - great news! You will have to let us know how the jogging goes, as well! Keep up the great progress!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Jen I don't think I will be jogging for a while,and I really want to presevere the joint as long as possible anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kate,
    I am so happy to have found your blog! I have read a few but yours is the first from someone in the UK. I am having the same surgery at the same hospital on Tuesday - so it is very reassuring to read that you are back in the gym after just four months. It is helpful (though scary) to read about your experiences so thank you!
    All the best, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise,
    glad you found it helpful.I have posted a comment (or several, lol) on your blog.
    Keep in touch
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete