Friday 11 December 2009

Not so great!

Not had a great few days. Operated hip has been really sore and inflammed and has locked a few times. A trip to the GP resulted in her advising me to go back on crutches until everything settles down a bit, back on the diclofenac (with a stomach protector this time so hopefully that will be ok) paras, and dihydrocodeine for breakthrough pain.
I am pretty gutted at the thought of whats going on, and to why it has got so inflammed at seven months post-op, but am trying to tell myself its just a glitch in the recovery. I haven't done anything to aggravate it, and have cut down on everything except the necessary stuff over the last few weeks so am pretty sure I haven't overdone it.
If there is no improvement in the next couple of weeks the GP has agreed to send me to physio for deep heat and massage (hopefully by some gorgeous hunk ;) ) or contacting Mr Witt to see if he will see me sooner than March, although once xmas and the New Year is over I don't think I will get in much before March anyway.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry Kate to hear this and have no pearls of wisdom in me, just that hip surgery is shit!
    Keep smiling though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've had a setback ... I hope it is only temporary and you are back to normal soon. I think these surgeries are so unpredictable --- one step forward, two steps back --- but I hope in the end it is mostly forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you,
    Terri can you invite me to catch up with your blog if possible.
    My email is cat@broughzoo.karoo.co.uk
    Thanks
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I hope by now you're feeling better! I have noticed this surgery leads to a huge rollercoaster ride...and in the crappy moments you just have to hang on til it gets better! Hang in there hun!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete