Friday 13 March 2009

I'm back!

Inspired by a fellow hip chick (Annick, if you read this, thank you so much)I realised I have done exactly what I said I would never do.For the last year I have let my hip take over my life. I allowed it to turn me from someone who was always active, on the go and loved to exercise to a couch potato who wallowed in pain and self pity.

Just because I can't run, do high impact aerobics and walk very far, there is no reason why I can't still exercise and keep fit.So, determined to shed the pounds before surgery,I went swimming today.I intended to do around 20-30 laps to see how things felt,but once in I couldn't stop. It felt so great to be doing some exercise again! I stopped after 50 laps of the pool, and felt brilliant.Now Im not the greatest swimmer, and it wasn't pretty, but I didn't care.I loved it!
Yes, I am a bit sore now, but no worse than I would be at the end of the day anyway,but I also feel on top of the world, and determined to do this at least 3 times a week.I am going to get a waterproof case for my Ipod, and go cycling at the weekend.I feel, for the first time in a long time, like the old me.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, I need to do the same before my surgery, but I can't seem to get myself to the pool. I even bought the water proof case hoping it would motivate me. Thanks for the inspiring post!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Brandie. I felt the same until I got there, trust me you will be glad you did.
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way!!! I had the same eureka moment a few weeks ago!! Best of luck too, it's shocking how chronic pain can turn a fun loving free spirited girl, into a total moany fat flidd thats negative all the time xx

    ReplyDelete