Wednesday 3 June 2009

Aaargh!

Aaaargh!!!I am soooooooooooooo fed up!

It seems wrong to moan because I was so happy to get this surgery, and have had a text book recovery, but ,boy am I fed up! Bored just doesn't come close!I cried twice today, but haven't told my OH because he has been so good.

This is the second time in 8 months I have been on crutches, and the novelty has definately worn off. I am dreading having another 5 weeks before I can go down to one crutch, let alone drive-dunno when that will be!

I hate being stuck in, and am even missing work! My brain is turning to mush!

And the suns gone!!!!

I know the time is passing, and its worth it in the long run, blah blah, but I am really climbing the walls today.


On a side note, have not taken any pain meds at all the last couple of days, so thats good. I still have a mild ache sometimes but not enough to take painkillers. I am still waiting to sleep through the night, and wake several times to change positions, but can also lay on my stomach now too. I have tried the operated side, its possible, but not comfortable, so will wait awhile before trying that again.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Oscar's Mum,
    I am an Oscar's Mum too! and from Leeds. I am terrified as have this ahead of me. After 6 yrs of misdiagnosed back (not) pain I have just found out thru Harrogates Jon Conroy have a labral tear, then to Schilders (researched him) and have FAI in both hips, pincer. I have a new baby 7 months Isabella and a 4 yr Oscar, no idea how will cope, swore wouldn't hand this one over to nursery. been following your story last few week, bless you, couldn't work out how to get in touch. Please Mail me back I've love to make contact, you have a wealth of experience and we have a lot in common, certainly Oscars! I'm on louisa.w@virgin.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    This is Aspalla's aunt and I wanted to let you know she had her surgery today and she did great. We are praying for a smooth recovery. I noticed you commented on her blog so I wanted to let you know. I am sure she will blog as soon as she is able. Thank you for supporting my niece, you have no idea how much it means to her. Thank you.......have a great day..Dena

    ReplyDelete