Tuesday 2 June 2009

Three weeks post-op

Not a great deal to report on the recovery front.

I feel great in myself. I don't feel as if I have had surgery ( except for the scar and the crutches of course). I am off all painkillers except for two Paracetamols at bedtime, and I might try without those tonight.

I can do most things for myself;

wash, shower dress myself,
use normal height toilets and chairs,
prepare quick meals,
sleep on my side( Yay!)
Sleep ok through the night, just waking to change positions sometimes.
Pick stuff up from the floor,
shave my legs,
paint my toenails,

I have got much quicker on the crutches although I find the hard pavements jar a little bit, so would still use a wheelchair if going out for long periods, and its easier on the arms too!
All the swelling has gone now, and left in its place a very pitiful, thin, atrophied leg, which I still need to move with my hands, but stuff like going up and down stairs is easy now.

I am finding new ways to do stuff everyday. Todays I realised that the wheelchair is so much more useful than I first thought-if I put a tray on the seat I can push food and drink around on it, and it also makes unloading the dishwasher, or transporting laundry easy!


All in all, things are going great-boredom is starting to settle in, and I really wish I was able to work from home, which isn't possible in my job, because I am definately well enough to start using my brain.

Next week I have two hospital appointments, one with the Dr who did my Arthroscopy, he wants to keep an eye on how things are progressing on Monday, and one with Mr Witt, my PAO surgeon on Friday. I am looking forward to seeing the x-rays, and finding out his long term opinions on my hip.I also intend to discuss the other hp with him to see if that will need a PAO or not. The dysplasia is milder on that side, so maybe not, but I have some pain and lots of popping so my guess is that something is not quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment