Wednesday 8 July 2009

8 weeks post-op

Still having some pain, but not as severe as it was. Have given up trying to get an answer from UCLH. I have spoken to his secretary, who referred my details to the physios, but they haven't got back to me, or my local PT who has been desperately trying to get a protocol from them.
It is a shame because Mr Witt is an amazing surgeon, and I am sure he is unaware that patients are not getting the post-op support that they need.

I have decided to go ahead with the full weight bearing as originally planned, but am going to take it carefully. I started using one crutch around the house this morning, but am pretty sore now after a couple of hours. It is so nice to have a free hand to carry stuff around with!
I need to go out into town today so will definitely need to use two crutches for that.

Am carrying on with physio, but she is taking things slowly because she hasn't had a PAO patient before and is scared to push things too much, which I can understand, but at the same time I am eager to get trying new stuff. I was given a theraband this week to strengthen my knee, as it has got weak from lack of use over the last 8 weeks. I also damaged some ligaments in it about a year ago when one of our horses fell on top of me, so it is probably still a bit weak from that too. I can feel it buckle sometimes even on the crutches, so am glad she is addressing that too.

Will post more on the WB in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment