Thursday 16 July 2009

Turning Point

The last couple of days I have definitely turned a corner. I feel fantastic! :)

I am off crutches completely in the house, only using one when outside. I am doing 2x30mins each day on the bike. The hip could go longer, but it is too uncomfortable to sit on the seat for any longer, the last 5 mins are a real test of willpower. Physio exercises going well, and today I walked the dog along the river for 45mins using just one crutch. I carried the other one just in case, and used it for the last five mins because I was running late and needed to get home to meet someone-next time it stays in the car!
I want to do more!! I can't wait for physio on Monday. I hope she is impressed, and will give me more exercises to do.
I am going to ask her about swimming, also possibly the treadmill and cross trainer.
Would like to hear from anyone, post PAO , (especially by Mr Witt) about which stage you were allowed to try these.
I am in hardly any pain, only when lying and trying to change positions, that is still waking me up lots during the night. Walking on hard ground, eg concrete is uncomfortable but thats all.
I am soo happy things are starting to improve so quickly, and feel stronger each day. I still walk like a penguin, but even the limp is improving a bit each day.

9 weeks has definitely been the turning point for me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I am so pleased for you, that is fab news!!!
    Re that site. Does that mean 3 out of 4 Schilders ops failed? OOOOhhh depressing! There was the other Sue woman from Yorks, her and her daughter had the op. The daughters was a success, but the Mum's failed. So thats 3 fails in one thread and one success. Thanks as ever for your advice and support xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH! Keep posting all those great stories - I know in a few weeks I will definetly need that "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling!
    Be Well,
    Jen
    RPAO scheduled 8/12/09

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your turning point! Keep up the great healing. Terri

    ReplyDelete