Friday 3 July 2009

Pain in the butt!

Well , here I am at 71/2 weeks post-op.
Not much to report really. Have increased weight bearing to 50%.

I am still suffering with increased pain in the bum (Iscium area). It is worse when WB for more than a few minutes and really intense when rolling over in bed.I lost count of how many times it woke me up last night. The rest of the time when I am taking it easy, it is just a dull ache. I have tried to contact Mr Witt, but it seems his secretary is away this week, and I keep getting her voicemail, which is now full so obviously she is not there.

I am hoping to get in touch with her next week, as I am due to start full weight bearing then. (I have had a sneaky try, but the leg gives out due to this stupid bum pain) I also want to know if I am ok to carry on with physio or if I should wait until things settle down, as the exercises he gave me seem to be making it worse.

Will report more when I know something.

4 comments:

  1. That must be disheartening for you!
    Could it be your piriformis tugging on anything as that can be v troublesome muscle, seen it one forums and it plagues me .. there is a stretch but not sure if you would be up to it yet...one way that should be harmless would be to put a tennis ball between your bottom and a wall and rock and stretch out the muscles that way?
    Best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get through the Mr Witt soon and get answers. I always have pain in the bum (which is hilarious to Hubby as he says i'm the biggest pain in the bum anyway! Charming) I know this must be getting you down, but please remember how far you've come in such a short space of time really. I only hope it goes asap so you can move on. Sending huggles and healing vibes to you sweetie x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, Send me your email and I will send you an invite to my blog. I think you were following but I made it private, so wanted to invite my fellow hippies.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Yes please send me an invite to follow your blog.
    My email is cat@broughzoo.karoo.co.uk
    Thanks
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete