Friday 3 April 2009

Scary thoughts

There has been several posts on some of the boards the last couple of days about the risk of dying through hip surgery!

Thats not really what I want to think about!
Apparently there is a risk of 1/200 will die through a complication-jeez thats a scary thought!

I am really trying to focus on the fact that 199 out of the 200 are absolutely fine, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself. I knew that there were risks involved, obviously, but its something that you can put to the back of your mind, until you read it in black and white!
Still, possibly a large part of those statistics are the elderly that have hip replacements, and are not in perfect health anyway , not healthy 'young'( well not really, but I still like to think so) patients.

Gulp!

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many times I have gone thru the same thinking process. You will do just fine! You have gone thru it before, you will do it again to tell the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly. I think most of us must have gone through it as some time.
    Hope you're doing ok,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete