Wednesday 1 April 2009

Ups and downs of Dysplasia

I have had a really bad day at work today, was in tears by 8.00am.
I don't know how I am going to get through the next 6 weeks ( well 5 weeks and 5 days, not that I'm counting! )
I was going to go home sick once my colleague had arrived, but then I found out that the company I work for are planning to reduce the hours in my office. I am too scared to take any extra sick leave now because I am already facing a disciplinary when I return to work following the PAO, because I will have had two surgeries in 8 months. This gives me an unacceptable level of sick leave, despite not having any other time off at all in the five years that I have worked there.
I really like my job, it is local and the hours fit in well with school times etc. I Unfortunatley it involves a lot of standing, and is impossible to do using crutches. I really don't know what to do. I have already reduced my contract to shorter days and only three days a week, so I really can't afford to reduce it further.

I know I shouldn't really complain. At least it can be treated, and in the end I will be OK. There are a lot of people that are so much worse off than me!

On a better note, its 1st April today, that means my surgery is next month!

Its starting to feel real now, after months of knowing it is going to happen, but feeling ages away, it is suddenly starting to feel much closer.
I am alternating between excitement, (I can't wait to be able to get on with my life again), and sheer terror, (at the thought of what I need to go through first).

No comments:

Post a Comment