Tuesday 28 April 2009

Two weeks to go!

Well two weeks today, I will be hopefully away with the fairies whilst Mr Witt finally manages to reconstruct my hip so it can behave itself and act more like a normal one!

I am super prepared, in fact I think I have peaked too early. I challenge anyone to find even a speck of dust anywhere in my house, as I have cleaned until I have run out of anything else to clean. The only problem is, due to two teenagers,and the ever increasing presence of daughter no1s boyfriend, horses, dog, cat and two hammies it won't stay that way for long!!

All that is left on the list is haircut and colour ( need to get rid of the grey bits before the big day), the necessary bits waxed, vaccinations for the dog, and a new pair of large baggy joggers to buy to travel home in and then everything is complete. oh, and to wait the arrival of all my lovely orthopaedic aids that I will need post-op. A grabber arrived in the post the other day, much to Ians ( my OH) amusement- it kept him quiet for hours! His favourite trick is to get someones wrist in the grabber and make you slap yourself with it( small things, small minds lol)

Am I nervous- not at the moment, that has come and gone, probably to return again, but at the minute I am excited, and ready to get this over with. The only thing I am worried about is how Ian will cope on the day of my surgery. It will be a long day for him, and I feel so guilty that I am putting him through this and won't be around to comfort him whilst he waits. That job will be down to my 13yr old , who will be down in London with us. I, hopefully ,will be sleeping soundly for most of the day without a care in the world, oblivious to the fact that everyone around me is worried and clock watching, and not even worrying about one of my bezzie mates who is having a CT scan that very same day ( normally I would be worrying about her too, but Debbie, I know you will be fine, xx)

Oh, and a quick update on the work situation, after my rant in the last post, they were obviously just trying it on, because once I asked they quickly agreed to reduce my hours next week. So all is well there too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie, i had tears in my eyes! Your Ian sounds like my Rich, slapping yourself is a Rich trick if i ever read one, think dennis the menace and thats my husband. I've tried cleaning my house but the kids undo it all the time,bloody pains. I will be the clock watcher and worrier and i really hope your in the land of the fairies by that point, love you heaps bezzie mate. My heart goes out to ya! xx

    ReplyDelete