Friday 15 May 2009

3 Days Post OP

Nothing much new to report today. Mr. Witt came round first thing he is pleased with how everything is That was really good. I had about 45 minutes in the pool, walking and stepping up and down steps plus sum exercises bending my knee and hip and out to the side. It was so much more comfortable to do them in the warm water and walking freely without the aids felt great.

Had all the remaining drips and tubes taken out so am free to move around now. There is a weird catching/clicking feeling in the joint every time I move, but this isn't pain full just feels strange. I am only taking paracetamol, dihydrocodeine and diclofenac now and that is controlling the pain real well. I haven't had much pain at all, just times when it felt a bit uncomfortable or achey. One word of advice for anyone going into UCLH, ask if you think you need stool softeners etc.. because they are not given at all unless you request them. I have been really glad to have a grabber, lip salve, baby wipes and moisturiser with me, but have been to tired to bother with reading material.

No comments:

Post a Comment