Thursday 14 May 2009

Last night the pain got quite bad probably and after effect of moving around more in the afternoon. Not much to report today. The physio team and the consultants team have been excellent, as have a couple of the nurses - but not many! On the whole they leave a lot to be desired. I also think most of them think i have had a THR - I have not had any help getting in and out of beds, just left to struggle with lifting my leg up myself.

I can't wait to get out of here. Some of the nursing staff are so miserable and look like they really think everything is such a chore. I have had my PCA removed and swapped my walker for crutches so hopefully that is one step nearer to getting home. I think i was spoilt at the previous hospital where I had the Arthroscopy because the staff were lovely, cheer full and that noting was too much trouble here it is just the opposite.

1 comment:

  1. It's horrible to hear that some of the staff are miserable, and your left wanting to go home already!! I've had some lovely staff with singing smiley nurses so i had a rose tinted view of them!!lol But i know some do it on auto and are quite sharp with you, just when you don't need it. Your making good progress and once home you'll probably heal faster, as you'll be more comfortable. xx

    ReplyDelete