Wednesday 20 May 2009

Home!

Yay! Home again!

The journey home really wasn't as bad as I thought. It was made better due to some of the planning we had done beforehand- we hired a wheelchair from the red cross and took it to London with us, then arranged wheelchair assistance from the train company. This worked out really well as they met us at the station, helped with the luggage, and used a ramp to wheel me on and off. I took my meds an hour before leaving, so they were just kicking in by the time we got to the station, and lasted almost until we got home.Also travelling first class was comfortable, and I enjoyed a nice breakfast of smoked salmon and cream cheese! Yummy! Travelling this way was the best thing for us, as my dad picked us up from the station and drove the short way home, and that was much more uncomfortable than the train, also it was better than taking the car into Central London for ten days.

It is so nice to be home. As soon as I got in I had a short nap as I was pretty tired. It is great to be able to manage the muscle pains etc with hot water bottles and ice packs whenever I need them. Although I am only 8 days post-op I am already so glad I have had this surgery, and have already come so far. I am not in much pain, and haven't been since day one, just uncomfortable at times, but my hip already feels more stable.

At first I felt like I had a mountain to climb before things would get better, now it seems like a hill. I just need to be patient over the next few weeks and not do anything to spoil Mr Witts good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment